We live in a digital age, and to run a successful business in this age, one needs to excel at digital marketing. An effective digital marketing campaign needs guidance and goals in order to perform well. This is where a digital marketing strategy comes in.
A digital marketing strategy allows a business to define goals, timelines, target audiences, and KPIs (Key Performance Indicators). It will also dictate the tone, as well as the look and feel of the campaign; seeing to it that the campaign accurately reflects the brand. This will ensure that a business’s ideal customer finds them because the business has driven valuable traffic and leads to “points of sale”. These points of sale will often consist of websites with e-commerce functionality.
A Digital Marketing Strategy Example
The type of digital marketing strategy is determined by the goal of the campaign. Goals can range from building awareness to building a consistent brand identity, or it could be simply increasing sales. Each of these goals requires different strategies. Examples of digital marketing strategies include, but are not limited to:
- Content Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Email Marketing
- SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)
- Video Marketing
Digital Marketing Strategy for Beginners
When building a digital marketing strategy, there are a few key elements that should be included in order to increase your chances of success.
- Goals: As mentioned, setting goals will allow a business to determine which type of digital marketing strategy to focus on or build. This will also determine the type of content that will be generated.
- Target Audience: It is important to determine the group of people that need to be targeted, as this will allow the marketing team to position content in a way that will ensure it is seen by that audience.
- Client Avatar: Once a business has identified its target audience, it is important to build an ideal client avatar. This avatar will represent the specific person you are targeting. What their likes and dislikes are, what their motivation is to buy the product or service in question and more. Be as specific as you can. This will ensure that you know exactly who you are talking to and will make it easier to create valuable content that builds a connection with that person.
- Channels: Once the target audience has been identified, the client avatar has been built, and the goals have been set, it will be easy to decide on which channels will be appropriate to reach potential clients most effectively.
- Brand Identity: It is extremely important to define a brand identity. Doing this will allow a business to determine the tone and visual representation for all content and communication with potential clients. This will present your audience with a unified and strong message.
- Budget: digital marketing requires a budget in order to be successful. It is important to determine what the budget will be for paid advertising. This will also provide a business with a realistic view of what sort of response they can expect from a campaign.
Digital Marketing Template
You can find an array of digital marketing templates online, but it is advisable to consult a professional. There are a multitude of complex details that a professional digital marketing agency will be able to action. These complexities could cause a digital marketing campaign to fail if not dealt with. To find out more about digital marketing, and what the best strategy would be for your business, contact our team at Starbright.