Social media has become more than just a social network
on which one shares photos of weekend outings and family gatherings. It has become a fantastic marketing platform through which you can build your business. In this article, we will discuss the benefits of social media and how to use it for marketing purposes.
Benefits of Social Media Marketing
There are a variety of benefits that social media platforms can provide to your marketing campaigns. Some of the most notable benefits include:
- It is Free: There is no joining fee or monthly fee when you sign up for a social media platform. It allows you to create content and build brand awareness without having to spend money. There will however be a fee, later on, should you decide to run paid ads.
- Organic Content: You are able to create and post content that can be viewed, shared, and liked by your followers without having to pay for exposure. This type of content does have the potential of going viral; however, it is unlikely.
- Brand Building: Creating great organic content that speaks to who and what your brand is will allow you to position yourself as an industry leader. This allows you to build your brand identity and cultivate trust in current and potential clients.
- Paid Advertising: You are able to run paid ads on all social media platforms. This will allow you to expand your reach and gain exposure to your target audience.
- Large Audience Reach: As you are able to set target markets on your social media ads, you are able to target your ideal audience easier and on a larger scale.
- Direct Audience Connection: Social media platforms allow you to connect directly with your audience through private messages, comments, polls, and more. This will allow you to get to know your target market and improve your service delivery to provide them with what they want and need.
- Increased Website Traffic: You will be able to increase your traffic flow to your website as you are able to include a link on your post that directs your audience to your website. While this feature is not available on all social media platforms, it is advisable to make use of this tactic where possible.
- Track Performance: Social media platforms allow you to track your performance through the metrics that are available to you. This allows you to see what is working and what isn’t. You can then improve your marketing strategy according to these statistics.
When all of these features are used in conjunction with one another, social media can be a fantastic marketing tool. However, to implement these features correctly and get the most out of your social media marketing campaign, it is advisable to consult a professional. Starbright offers social media marketing as well as training to ensure your brand reaches the success it deserves! Contact our social media marketing experts