Google Workspace is a collection of cloud-based apps that combine communication and collaboration within the online working environment. It provides organisations with a solution to storing and accessing vital data on one, secure platform. Prior to its revamp, it was known as G Suite
or Google Apps.
Google Workspace App
Google Workspace consists of a wide variety of apps, that have a vast number of applications. These apps include, but are not limited to:
- Google Drive: This is a private cloud storage service that provides security and collaboration. It is possible for drive spaces and files to be shared by multiple individuals, to foster easy access.
- Gmail: This is probably one of the most popular and well-known of all the Google Workspace apps, and can only be described as an easy, yet effective email service.
- Google Calendar: This calendar is a simple scheduling solution that integrates with other Workspace apps such as Gmail, to ensure no appointment is lost or forgotten.
- Google Sheets: As a strong competitor to Excel, Google Sheets allows you to input data into spreadsheets, while easily sharing the data with those who need it most.
- Google Docs: This app has rivalled Microsoft Word and with good reason. Not only can one do exactly what one can in Word, but when sharing a file, one can prevent others from editing the document if so desired.
- Google Slide: This has a similar functionality to PowerPoint, and allows for a collaborative presentation experience for those involved.
- Google Meet: As video calls are becoming more popular within the workspace, Google Meets allows for meetings to occur easily, allowing calendars to sync up which speeds up the process of setting a meeting.
It should be mentioned that when one grants access to files and spaces, the administrator can determine whether someone is given viewing or editing rights.
How do I Use Google Workspace?
The easiest way to access and use Google Workspace is through the Google Chrome web browser, as it allows you to access some special features specific to Chrome; however, one can use a variety of other, modern web browsers to achieve the same result. In order to make use of Google Workspace, you need to create an account
. From there it will be possible to access the multitude of functions available.
Is Google Workspace Free?
Google Workspace does offer a 14-day free trial, after which one can choose from a variety of plans
that provide different levels of access and functionality. Starbright is a company that fully believes in and utilises the power of Google Workspace. This is why we are an accredited reseller of Google Workspace for businesses. Contact us
to find out more about how Google Workspace can benefit your company.