There are many different factors to consider when starting a social media marketing campaign. In a series of social media tips, we are going to be showing you the best way to get social and successful!
Understanding Your Followers
This is one of the most important things you need to do before conducting your social media marketing campaign. If you don’t know what your followers are looking for, and what they are responding to, it’ll be almost impossible appealing to them and having a campaign that they engage with.
Different Social Media Platforms
People use different platforms for different reasons, and you’ll need to know why, when and how your target market is behaving on different social media platforms. This is so that you can be visible on the platform that they spend most of their time on, focusing your social media spend and efforts effectively.
Things to Ask Before Putting Together a Social Media Marketing Campaign
- Where can I find my target market or LSM (living standard measurement) group?
- Where do different genders prefer to spend their time?
- How do people want to interact with my brand/business?
- What do they expect from businesses on each particular platform?
- When do people interact with you and your competitors?
- Who will follow you on this particular platform and why will they follow you?
- What do you want to achieve?
- What are your Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)?
- How do you plan to achieve you KPI’s?
- How do you plan to integrate your social media campaigns within your business?
- Do I have the resources to start and maintain my social media?
By answering these few simple questions, you will have a better understanding of your audience and where your attention should be focused.
There is always the option of doing your digital marketing on your own, or asking the experts for help. Either way, understanding social media is important, as it is a brilliant tool and imperative for digital marketing success. For more information, or for social media marketing training, follow us.