Understanding people’s social media behaviour is one of the most important things you need to consider before starting a Social Media campaign for your company.
People use different platforms for different reasons and you need to know why, when and how your target market is behaving on different social media platforms.
Here are a few key questions you need to ask yourself before running a Social Media campaign:
- Where can I find my target market or LSM (living standard measurement) group?
- Where do different genders prefer to spend their time?
- How do people want to interact with my brand/business?
- What do they expect from businesses on each particular platform?
- When do people interact with you and your competitors?
- Who will follow you on this particular platform and why will they follow you?
- What do you want to achieve?
- What is your Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)?
- How do you plan to achieve you KPI’s?
- How do you plan to integrate you social media campaigns with your business?
- Do I have the resources to start and maintain my social media?
By answering these few simple questions you will have a better understanding of the different social media platforms. It should also force you to go and do your research and therefore know which social media platforms you should consider and why. This can also guide you in terms of content you would like to share, the way you want to interact with possible customers and what you want your business to achieve using Social Media.